Global Commodity Manager - Strategic Buyer for technical components (m/f/x)Bezirk Dornbirn (6850 Dornbirn, Österreich) | Anzeigen-ID: 2464254
Tridonic, the Zumtobel Group's technology company, is a leading global player in the field of lighting technology that produces innovative hardware and software for smart and connected lighting systems.
What it's all about: Strategic purchasing for technical components
If you are an technical purchasing professional looking for an exciting opportunity - we have it for you. Based in our headquarters in Dornbirn you will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing technical components as a GLOBAL COMMODITY MANAGER. This position is the groupwide point of contact for respective commodities for all our production plants from Europe to China. Hence this is a highly strategic role and understanding the changing landscape of electronics manufacturing, the implication to our business and developing a long-term strategy will be front and center to the position.
Who we are: TRIDONIC – innovative lighting technology
Curiosity and a passion for innovation have made the Tridonic brand the technological brain of the Zumtobel Group. As a manufacturer of innovative hardware and software for smart and connected lighting systems, with over 1,900 employees, sales partners in more than 50 countries and an annual revenue of around EUR 350 million, Tridonic is the leading global player in the field of lighting technology and a central driving force for the industry.
- As Strategic Buyer for technical components, you will:
- Global and group-wide purchasing of technical components
- Define and develop a commodity strategy
- Drive cost reductions and manage prices
- Perform supplier relationship management (SRM) and develop new suppliers
- Booster interdisciplinary teamwork from technical to operative buyers as well as among Supply Chain, Manufacturing, internal and external Stakeholder
- Manage global projects for continuous process improvement within materials procurement and logistics.
- A purchasing professional: +5 years of professional experience in an international purchasing IDEALLY with technical components
- A business (SCM) OR engineering/ technical OR related degree OR 8-10 years of industry purchasing experience.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to communicate to all levels
- Demonstrated leadership skills on a functional level due to your inspiring, reliable, team oriented, persistent, resilient personality
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent German and English language skills – written and oral
- Demonstrated self-starter with dynamic and curiosity
- Traveling domestic and internationally (Travel 10-20%)
Does this sound like an appealing task to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
Salary: How good are you?
The Austrian law obliges us to specify a salary here: in line with the collective agreement, this amounts to at least 56.359,- EUR per year for a 38½ -hour working week. However, because neither you nor we are satisfied with minimum standards, we promise you that it will be considerably more. How much more depends on how good you are.
At the Zumtobel Group, we not only understand the power of the visible, but also the invisible. Like light itself, diversity cannot be grasped but it can be perceived. We appreciate the uniqueness of each individual and recognise it as a driver of innovation. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to e.g.: race, colour, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.
Enlightening your career
We curiously discover new fields of work together, our mentoring program is meant to support you to fully develop your skills and potentials.
Be part of a network of creativity and high-tech and contribute to an ecosystem that enables you to realize your potential within multinational, intercultural teams.
Your best individual work-life balance will vary over time, often on a daily basis, this is why we offer flexible working-models and sabbatical options for our employees.
Open-minded and respectful culture
Working for the ZG means to be a part of an open-minded and passionate culture based on the spirit of the company’s founder Dr. Walter Zumtobel.