Embedded Software Developer IoT (m/f)
Curiosity and a passion for innovation have made the Tridonic brand the technological nerve centre of the Zumtobel Group. Producing smart and energy-efficient LED modules, LED drivers, sensors and software, Tridonic delivers the innovative components that help keep the Group at the cutting edge of lighting. Since 1991 Tridonic has been serving the luminaire manufacturer market as an independent brand, generating some 80% of its revenues with luminaire manufacturers around the globe
What it's all about: The Internet of Light is our vision
LEDs, cloud-based technology, the Internet of Things: our industry and Tridonic are evolving rapidly. Our mission is to bring large scale IPv6 based lighting systems into the market. The Embedded Software Development team plays a central role in understanding IP-based lighting systems and developing innovative embedded software solutions.
You will join a growing team passionate about developing innovative embedded software solutions. You will work in an agile, multinational project team with a huge team emphasis on knowledge sharing and mutual support.
Check it out on youtube: net4more (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGnlqIdEy9o)
Working within the Embedded Software IoT team your role will include:
- Getting involved with leading edge technologies like wireless low-power mesh networks (e.g. Thread) and state-of-the-art security
- Developing embedded IoT software for smart lighting devices
- Implementing innovative solutions for real products and not only for demo purposes
- Supporting the industrialisation of products for installations which consist of thousands of devices each
- Working hands-on in the IoT-project team using state-of-the-art tool landscape and managing your solution from prototyping to market
- Doing everything in your power to find best in class solutions. This may involve investigating new wireless communication technologies and collaborating with teams at different European locations
- A university degree in electronics / IT or similar disciplines
- A proven track record of practical experience in embedded software and C/C++ programming - ideally in an industrial environment
- It would be great if you are experienced with embedded operating systems, web-based embedded systems and IP-based networks
- You should be fluent in English, the ability to speak German is an advantage
What we offer: Premier league of the profession plus maximum quality of life
- Five brands in 90 countries, production facilities all over the world, a workforce of just under 6,700 people: all the ingredients to innovate the next generation for smart and connected devices.
- The Position is located in the beautiful City of Dornbirn, Austria, the
nearest ski slope and the beach at Lake Constance are only 20 minutes away: a great quality of life awaits you and your family.
- We offer flexible working hours to ensure that your family and your leisure interests are not neglected.
Does this sound like the sort of job you would like to do? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
The actual salary is determined by the professional qualifications and experience as well as the relevant employment market and may be significantly higher than the pay scale under the Collective Wage Agreement. (For legal reasons we inform you that the gross minimum salary according to the Collective Wage Agreement for 38.5 hours weekly is EUR 44.397,22 / p.a.)
+43 664 80892 6076
Enlightening your career
We curiously discover new fields of work together, our mentoring program is meant to support you to fully develop your skills and potentials.
Be part of a network of creativity and high-tech; and contribute to an ecosystem that enables you to realize your potential within multinational, intercultural teams.
Your best individual work-life balance will vary over time, often on a daily basis, this why we offer flexible working-models and sabbatical options for our employees.
Open-minded and respectful culture
Working for the ZG means to be a part of an open-minded and passionate culture based on the spirit of the company’s founder Dr. Walter Zumtobel.