Optical Design Engineer (m/f)
As part of the Zumtobel Group, Zumtobel stands for holistic lighting solutions that above all enhance people's wellbeing. The brand's products unite award winning design with thoughtful integration into the architectural setting. As an innovation leader, Zumtobel offers an exceptional range of premium luminaires and lighting control systems across the full range of applications.
"Creating light" - designing optical systems
- You will be working in a key-role of Zumtobel lighting solutions, taking part in the product development by designing optical systems and solutions for luminaires
- Your optical design has to be consistent within lighting design, -planning, -engineering, construction and toolmaker with whom you are in close exchange
- You will be working mainly on and with these technologies and tools: CAD and Optical toolboxes
- You will validate and analyse data from simulation, photometric and compare these with measurement of luminaires and visual testing of samples
Luminaires knowledge, understanding of customer optical needs and the ability to transform it into design
- You have got a higher degree in physics, optoelectronics, lighting engineering or photonics
- You have got at least two years relevant professional experience ideally in the field of lighting engineering
- Your strength is to think analytically, to prioritize and to work very structured, because you will work in many different projects at the same time
- You are a communicative team player, internally and externally
- You are fluent in speaking and writing English. It is obviously advantageous if you know German too
- Your curiosity will track you to a wealth of ideas and the best optical design
- You have got experiences in CAD (ACAD, SOLIDworks or CREO) and Optical toolboxes
The law obliges us to specify a salary here: in line with the collective agreement, this amounts to at least 44.741,62 EUR for a 38½-hour working week. However, because neither you nor we are satisfied with minimum standards, we promise you that it will be more. How much more depends on how good you are.
+43 664 80892 6076
Enlightening your career
We curiously discover new fields of work together, our mentoring program is meant to support you to fully develop your skills and potentials.
Be part of a network of creativity and high-tech; and contribute to an ecosystem that enables you to realize your potential within multinational, intercultural teams.
Your best individual work-life balance will vary over time, often on a daily basis, this why we offer flexible working-models and sabbatical options for our employees.
Open-minded and respectful culture
Working for the ZG means to be a part of an open-minded and passionate culture based on the spirit of the company’s founder Dr. Walter Zumtobel.